FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Trace Invert Black and White

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Kennedy
Live Trace Invert Black and White
on Mar 28, 2009 at 9:08:54 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a mostly black and white animation and using live trace on images in Illustrator before I start to animate them.

I was hoping to know if there was anyway to invert the black and white after running a live trace on an image, without tediously doing by hand using the Live Paint option?

For example, I'm doing one now of the Golden Gate Bridge, and by default when I live trace it, the bridge is turning out black while the sky and things is turning out white. I want the opposite to this.

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvo
Re: Live Trace Invert Black and White
on Mar 31, 2009 at 5:48:16 pm

maybe try exporting the pallette swatches when you make the trace. there should be just the 2 used colors swatches of black and white. double clik the black swatch and change it globally to white and globally change the white to black.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Apr 4, 2009 at 10:52:19 pm

There used to be an invert-color option. Now the 'Recolor Object' option is available when you select vector objects, It's a greyed-out color wheel on the menu.

I haven't used it, so I can't say more.
This function looks like it might be actionable, in case you need to batch process.

Just some ideas.

Vince

Return to posts index

Paul Kennedy
on Apr 5, 2009 at 6:31:30 pm

I've found the recolor object button, but changing any options doesn't seem to have any effect.
As for exporting the swatches before I live trace, how would I go about that?

In the meantime I've been using the live paint option and through sheer randomness I've got some pretty successful results, but it is pretty random and I don't want to be relying on it.

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvo
on Apr 6, 2009 at 6:55:22 pm

under object/live trace/trace options, on the left side of the trace options tab there is a check box to export swatches. after you do the trace, double klik the black swatch it exported and globally change its color to what you want.

Return to posts index

Paul Kennedy
on Apr 6, 2009 at 7:47:49 pm

Hey, thanks a million, that worked perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]