FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do you know of an AI cs3 plugin that can turn smoth vectors into Atari looking pixelated vectors?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Iasiis
Do you know of an AI cs3 plugin that can turn smoth vectors into Atari looking pixelated vectors?
on Feb 10, 2009 at 8:38:39 am

Hello,

Im looking for an Illustrator Plug In that takes a vector graphic and turns it's edges into steps pixels.

For example, lets say I have a vector of an apple. With this plugin I can super impose a grid of my choosing over this apple (lets say a grid with a grid line every 72 pixels with 32 subdivisions) Then when I press process the plugin looks for all the squares in the grid that are not filled with over 49% of apple and deletes them resulting in an apple looking as if it was created to be in an Atari 2600 video game. The edges would look very pixelated, like steps.

Currently I have to do this process by hand and its very time consuming. Please let me know if you have a plugin like this somewhere, where I can obtain it or if you know of someone that could program it. Thank you very much.

Adam

Return to posts index

Thie Thomsen
Re: Do you know of an AI cs3 plugin that can turn smoth vectors into Atari looking pixelated vectors?
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:06:50 pm

Open your .ai in photoshop, turn anti-aliassing off, and set the image size to about 40px.

Voila, Hard Pixels...

I guess you could create a droplet for this, if you know the image size will be the same every time.

---
I can see your spot colours...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]