FORUMS: list search recent posts

Path in Photoshop - Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariana Stumpf
Path in Photoshop - Illustrator
on Dec 13, 2008 at 3:20:53 am

Hi! I am trying to make a "simple" line, curve, a letter em like it was a nuddle.

Well, I have done it in Illustrator with the "Pen" tool, but when I try to open it with PhotoShop or do it in PS I can't.

I just can make a vector with the "Pen" tool and the "Convert Point" Tool to fill something up or to do a thin line but when I try to make this line I can't put it color or the width.

Please! I need directions. I'm sure I have done it before, I just don't remember the steps.

Thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!!

Mariana

M@RiAn@

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Path in Photoshop - Illustrator
on Dec 18, 2008 at 9:45:42 am

I believe you are asking how to add a stroke in photoshop.

Select the layer you would like to stroke

Layer >> Layer Style >> Stroke

This layer style will add a line around the transparency of the layer.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your post. The words em & nuddle, I interpreted as "M" and "Noodle".

Return to posts index

Mariana Stumpf
on Dec 20, 2008 at 3:13:53 pm

Hello Mike! Thanx for the answer! Sorry that took me a couple of days to answer you back.

I did what you told me, and I think that I didn't explain good what I'm trying to do.

I did my name in Illustrator with vectors, with the pen, and after I post my question in creativecow, I realize that I should export from Illustrator my file as Photoshop. Now, when I open the document in Photoshop, I still see pixels when I do zoom (is that normal??) but for sure is a lot better.

Do you know if there is any way to create my own fonts so if I want to write something is like a font already.

Once more, thanks for your help

M@RiAn@

PS: if I don't talk to you before Christmas Have a great holidays!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Dec 20, 2008 at 6:07:49 pm

Fontographer
Came out in late 80s and was the industry standard for creating fonts with out really anyhting close to it
http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/fontographer/

Fontlab came out about 10 years after Fontographer and was loaded with extra features most notably the ability to generate cross platform Opentype Fonts.
http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/fontlab-studio/

I have not used either in quite some time, but looks like Fontographer can't do Opentype. Most everyone I know is using Fontlab now.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Dec 20, 2008 at 6:11:23 pm

I also wantedto mention, that you can retain vector quality by copying your paths from Illustrator and pasting them into Photoshop and choose the option for a shape layer.

Return to posts index

Mariana Stumpf
on Dec 20, 2008 at 9:22:41 pm

Thank u again!!!
I did the second option that you told me, I copy and aste the path, and the results are better but not clean. I will like to show you how it looks. Is just an example

So, why when I fill the path in Photoshop is still with pixels?
I want it clean. Is something else that I can do? You can see the line of the path straight, the curve is clean, but the black color is just filling with pixels, even when I stroke the path as "pincel" is not perfect.

I really appreciate your help!!!

M@RiAn@

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Dec 20, 2008 at 10:21:24 pm

Photoshop is a pixel based program. If you want to see sharper edges, incarease the resolution of your file using the image size command. If you have a pasted a vector shape per my recomendation, then you will see sharper edges once you give the file more reolution. Remeber to view your douocment at 100%% so you get an accurate 1 to 1 pixel preview.

Return to posts index

Mariana Stumpf
on Dec 28, 2008 at 5:08:26 pm

Mike!! I did all you told me, thanx for the tips.
Now, I can say that I'm trying to do something new, thi time in Illustrator, I use webdesign to see the steps from differents tools because I learn Illustrator by muself... so the thing is that now I'm trying to outline something with letters Envelop Distort Tool. But when I put my text next to the line that I want to mixed up, the result is not readable. Am I doing again something wrong?

I'm sorry for bothering u, but I'll be glad if someone read and learn with me about this little points.

Happy New Year!

Mariana

M@RiAn@

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]