FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ghost Lines in EPS format

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Kuzelicki
Ghost Lines in EPS format
on Oct 19, 2008 at 6:12:58 am

Hey there,

I'm pretty much a novice with Illustrator - though learning all I can. I still get caught out by technical things all the time though (pretty frustrating).

Just made a logo for someone (on a deadline) and they required it in .EPS format. Inside Illustrator, all looked good in the .AI formaat and same for the .EPS version. I went to email the .EPS though and when I attached it I could see (in the preview) a bunch of what seem to be guidelines or bounding boxes ghosted behind the logo. When I open it in Illustrator, they aren't present.

I went through the document and deleted every guideline I could find. Went through every single layer and did the same. Swept the layout with the selection tool to try find any unseen paths... but still, when I look at that 'attachment preview', those boxes are there.

I don't know if they are going to print out or not. They don't seem to on my printer but I don't want to send this off to the client and have these ghost lines show up all over his logo.

Anyone know what might be happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Ghost Lines in EPS format
on Oct 20, 2008 at 1:11:26 am

I'm not sure what your issue actually is, I haven't seen it..

I assume these 'Ghost Lines' don't show up on the preview of other AI files??

Maybe try carefully selecting each/all components of the logo with the Group Selection Tool and pasting into a new clean document.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]