FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I save Illustrator CS3 file as 300 DPI pdf file?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ras Nar
How do I save Illustrator CS3 file as 300 DPI pdf file?
on Sep 29, 2008 at 3:22:26 pm

I am working with Illustrator CS3. My client require me to send the final document for print with 300 DPI and when I try to save as PDF, in SAVE ADOBE PDF dialogue box under compression I just get
color bitmap images
options as
Do not downsampling
Average subsampling to
subsampling to
Bicubic Downsampling to

all in PPI and not with DPI option. My client want me to send the file with 300 DPI for print, how do I save Illustrator CS3 file as 300 DPI pdf file?

Pls help. Thanks

Return to posts index

Keith Thomason
Re: How do I save Illustrator CS3 file as 300 DPI pdf file?
on Oct 2, 2008 at 2:35:49 am

You should be fine by saving the file with the pre-defined "Press Quality" PDF setting.

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
Re: How do I save Illustrator CS3 file as 300 DPI pdf file?
on Oct 28, 2008 at 9:04:10 pm

If you want to keep it vector art just go to SAve as and choose pdf and leave everything clicked on in the options. Vector art doen't have a dpi becuase it's basedon mathematical points, called vectors which means it can be scaled up or down with loss in detail or resolution.
If you rasterize it that's a different story. Then you can scale down without out too much of a problem but you really don't want to scale up because then your image will get soft and fuzzy or pixelated.
You can also Export your file as a Photoshop file by going to File Export, then pick psd file. That's when you can pick 300 pixels per inch. After that you could open the psd file in Photoshop, flatten if need be, and then save that as a pdf as well.
There's more than one way to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]