FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edges not Straight

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan Werts
Edges not Straight
on Sep 23, 2008 at 12:53:40 pm

Hi, I'm learning Illustrator CS3. I'm trying to make a barn shape. It looks good except the bottom edge isn't a straight line. When I grab a point and move it, to try to make the line straight, it's always off (up or down) by a tiny bit, never a perfect straight line. Any suggestions on creating shapes that have straight edges?

Thank you, Donovan

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
Re: Edges not Straight
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:49:44 pm

it Sounds silly, but have you tried grabbing the other end of your line and moving it up or down slightly and seeing if the line then goes perfectly straight???

When drawing shapes, holding down shift (windows os) whilst drawing will keep everything as it should be... a line straight, a circle circular (instead of oliptical) and a square square.

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Sep 24, 2008 at 3:36:49 am

LOL Yep, tried tweaking both corners, up, down, left right. Seems like there's always one edge that isn't quite straight. Didn't know about the shift key, thanks for that info :)

Return to posts index

nina rosenblatt
on Sep 24, 2008 at 5:16:21 pm

annoying at first, but you need to know the modifiers to get anywhere with paths in illustrator.

a decent book will have a quick reference chart for the modifiers and keystrokes, so you can learn them as you go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]