FORUMS: list search recent posts

What the... ? Half-vertices???

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Kuzelicki
What the... ? Half-vertices???
on Sep 4, 2008 at 2:37:04 am

Hey,

I'm experiencing a weird problem in Illustrator that hopefully some kind soul can help me with.

'Suddenly'when I draw a line with the Pen tool I'm getting 'half-vertices' (sorry if that's not what they're called). Basically, I mean instead of getting smooth curves I'm getting sharp angles broken at the point with just one bezier handle.

What the... ?

I must have pressed some weird command but the problem isn't going away. I just keep getting these bizarre angles.

Got me stumped (and frustrated as Hell). Any advice would be sooo appreciated.

Thanks,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: What the... ? Half-vertices???
on Sep 4, 2008 at 1:37:01 pm

I'd like to help but I'm really not following. The pen tool should give you a point were you start and a point where you click again with a straight line in between, unless you hold the mouse button down a drag to bring you handles out and create a curve.

http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Alex Kuzelicki
Re: What the... ? Half-vertices???
on Sep 4, 2008 at 5:24:20 pm

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for responding.

I'm probably just not explaining things very well. Basically, I click and make a point then when I click to make the next point (and hold the mouse button down) I don't get a curve, I get one half of the handles only and the line makes a half straight/half curved shape - or sometimes it locks into just sharp angles (and won't let me drag out any handles).

So weird. Just cannot understand what is going on here. Have been using Illustrator (in a limited way) for years and suddenly it's just doing wacko things.

Hope you (or someone) might be able to help.

Thanks kindly,

ALEX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]