FORUMS: list search recent posts

set stroke start point on object

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Morgan
set stroke start point on object
on Aug 19, 2008 at 6:14:20 pm

I am brain dead an can't remember how to set a vertex on my object for where to start the stroke in Illustrator. I have an outline of a pear and want the stroke to begin from the bottom vertex, yet it begins at the top vertex where I started the drawing of the pear. In AE you can Make First a vertex on a mask... what about in Illustrator? Any help?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: set stroke start point on object
on Aug 22, 2008 at 7:52:41 am

I looked into this quite some time ago. Set first Vertex can only be done in AE, Illustrator does not have this.

Is there something else besides assigning an art or pattern brush to a vector path, that setting the first vertex would be important for in Illustrator??? If it is a brush you want to assign, you can use the scissor tool to cut it where you want it to start. As far as whether it winds clockwise or counterclockwise, that is a problem I have not found a solution for.

Return to posts index

Chris Ten
on Nov 20, 2012 at 8:49:05 am

I know it is an old post but I found some kind of way to turn around this problem, so it may be helpful for some people.

Just copy your Vector, paste it on a solid in AE, set first point vertex, copy mask and paste it again in Illustrator. Voila. It takes less than a minute but you still have to have After Effects...

Return to posts index

Dave Lundberg-Kenrick
on Feb 20, 2014 at 6:04:22 am

Another option is to simply cut the anchor you want to use as the first anchor with the scissor tool.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]