FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator pathfinder not working as desired!

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael zoppo
Illustrator pathfinder not working as desired!
on Jul 13, 2008 at 10:02:29 pm

So i have two shapes and i want to subtract one from the other so that if i have a circle subtracting a rectangle the rectangle will have a hole in it, AND if i move the rectangle the blank circle of space will stay were it is but the rectangle will move, right now both shapes are moving and i cant get the subtracted part to stay still. what am i doing wrong?

Zoppo
-Snoogles-

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Illustrator pathfinder not working as desired!
on Jul 19, 2008 at 3:48:05 am

Not sure if I totally understand, but if you've already performed the subtraction and you just want to move one of the paths, use the Group Selection Tool.

Vince

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 6, 2008 at 7:28:33 am

Use the direct select tool (open white arrow) to select the rectangle and move it . . . or go to preview mode to view the vector lines only and select the four points that make up the rectangle (holding shift to select all four) and move the rectangle.

Color Grading presets for After Effects, Premiere, etc., plus free presets and more.

LITTLE BLACK BIRD - PROFESSIONAL VISUAL EFFECTS

http://www.littleblackbird.com

Return to posts index

Ofra Berger
on Jul 25, 2009 at 9:34:40 am

Well, I had the same problem and after a while I figured out that the problem is that my Illustrator works the other way around - i.e. if I select the Shape Modes with Alt then I can move each object separately with the direct selection tool and if I do it without the Alt it is like I'm expanding it already and I can only move them as a group.

Hope it will work for you too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]