FORUMS: list search recent posts

illustrator for Maya

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Throck
illustrator for Maya
on Jul 11, 2008 at 6:55:24 pm

Quick Question from a noob

I have a simple logo I want to trace and export as .eps so I can bevel/texture in Maya. Whats the best tool for this? (the live trace leaves me with curvy lines). I traced it with the pen tool and Maya had an error importing the .eps. I'm using Illustrator CS3 and Maya 8.5 unlimited

Return to posts index

Tom Hepburn
Re: illustrator for Maya
on Jul 16, 2008 at 3:31:04 pm

What I've done through trial and error is to create the file as you're doing in illustrator, then save it as an .EPS

For some reason (for me anyway) it never seemed to work with Maya unless it was saved in a previous version illustrator eps. I use Illustrator 8 when I save the eps. It gives you the version option in a drop down menu when you have save, but always defaults to the version you're using. I would try that first as I think that's the problem. If you still have a prob, I have another suggestion.

Tom

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on Jul 16, 2008 at 6:46:43 pm

I use CS3 and I don't see a version option as far as I can tell. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Tom Hepburn
on Jul 16, 2008 at 7:01:56 pm

After you give it a name and click save, you get a pop up window that is titled, EPS Options. At the top is a drop down for "version." I'm running CS2 here at work and I see it, but I'm pretty sure I've done it at home (CS3). Other than that I'm afraid I don't have any other options.

T

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on Jul 16, 2008 at 7:23:05 pm

you are a genius. Thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]