FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image size issues

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Scott
Image size issues
on Jul 7, 2008 at 1:45:44 am

I'm using Illustrator cs 1.1.0.0 and am having problems with creating a file with certain dimensions. When I make a new file, and select the dimensions of it to be 70x100 pixels, everything seems to be ok until I export it as a bmp or jpeg or png. When I do that, and then check the info of the newly created file, the dimensions become completely different.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: Image size issues
on Jul 7, 2008 at 5:04:20 pm

Check your resolution when you export. Since your saving a vector image into a jpg, Illustrator can convert it into different sizes. I think if you set your resolution to screen it will come out the size you created it in.

Jeff
http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Scott
on Jul 7, 2008 at 10:14:34 pm

I'm not seeing anything about resolution when exporting. I'm setting it to 150 dpi, but I don't really know what that means, that's just what I know I need it to be at.

Basically what I'm doing is this: I created an image without constraining the size, and now I need to make a thumbnail out of it. The thumbnail needs to be 70x100 pixels and under like 200 kb I think. But I can't seem to do this and also when I scale the image from the original size, it scrunches everything up that I drew even though I am scaling the width and height proportionally.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
on Jul 8, 2008 at 2:34:36 pm

Here is what I was talking about

I think 72 should give you a 1 to 1 ratio

Jeff
http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Scott
on Jul 15, 2008 at 4:36:28 am

I tried it but it didn't work. I appreciate your help though. Any other ideas? Maybe not even using Illustrator - I could somehow save it in another program maybe?

Return to posts index

Matthew Scott
on Jul 15, 2008 at 5:55:23 am

I figured it out. I needed to click on save for web. There I was able to change the dimensions

Thanks for your help Jeff!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]