FORUMS: list search recent posts

CONTOURS

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aldrin maningas
CONTOURS
on Apr 25, 2008 at 5:11:16 am

im new here guys...just wanna ask on how to aplly contous on objects in illustrator...im using corel before and shift to illustrator..but i dont know where to find the contours..help me please...by the way..im using CS3..thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: CONTOURS
on Apr 25, 2008 at 1:31:23 pm

I assume you mean paths... look up the pen tool

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

aldrin maningas
on Apr 26, 2008 at 12:37:23 am

thats what i mean contour ..man..i corel its called contour...but how can i make that with illustrator..help me please ...thanks [IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/kalbooter/contour.jpg[/IMG]

Return to posts index

Thie Thomsen
on Apr 14, 2009 at 11:17:08 am

Object -> Path -> Offset Path

This only gives a single outline, but using multiple of these will give the same effect.

Considering the effect you're trying to archieve, looking into Appearance ( http://www.layersmagazine.com/illustrator-appearance-palette.html ) won't hurt!

---
I can see your spot colours...

Return to posts index

dina kalo
on Jan 23, 2013 at 12:34:25 pm

I used corel in the past, I remember the contour function. In illustrator it's called "offset path". You can find it in object--> path --> offset path (with the object selected). When you click it you'll get a little window, where "offset: ____mm" is the size of your contour, "joins" is the type of lines you want illustrator to create (you should play around with that) and "miter limit" which is the same as miter in a stroke I guess!
****OH! It's also helpful to know, that if you want to contour inward, just enter a negative unit ie "-2.5mm" will go inward (creating a smaller object) and "2.5mm" will (create a larger object!).

Dina kalo
graphic designer, illustrator, artist

Return to posts index

Atiqur Sumon
on May 8, 2013 at 5:35:46 am

Clipping Path

Return to posts index

Manoj Vijayan
on Mar 9, 2016 at 5:16:43 am

Thank you