FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a rounded arrow not stretch?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Huggett
How to make a rounded arrow not stretch?
on Apr 14, 2008 at 11:31:08 am

Hi guys

Im fairly new to the depths of Illustrator and only use it for motion graphics, but i need to make 4 arrows that are circular so that when they are rotated in motion graphics, they appear to follow each other.

I have created my circle path in Illustrator CS2, then i have cut the circle at 12,3,6 and 9 O'Clock to make 4 seperate paths. I have opened the arrow brush pallet to choose an appropriate arrow, but when applied, all the arrows and their heads are stretched and warped.

I just want to make the arrow head a normal size at the tip/end of the path.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How to make a rounded arrow not stretch?
on Apr 30, 2008 at 12:39:09 am

Maybe you could use Effect/Stylize/Add Arrowheads.

Or, drag the brush back onto the artboard than put it back in the Brush Palette and create a new Scatter Brush. You'll likely have to mess with the settings to get it to work right, probably the Spacing parameter.

Or, put the Arrow that is in the artboard into the Swatch Palette and name it, than also drag it to the Brush Palette to create a Pattern Brush. It will default to making the shape a Side Tile, so...
You will have to create a swatch to add it for the Side Tile, it can just be a shape with no fill or stroke, name this swatch. Back in the Pattern Brush settings, click on Side Tile and set it to the blank object you just created, than click in the End Tile and set it to the Arrowhead swatch you just created.

If this isn't clear, just let me know.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]