FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Batch Driven Dynamic Text Images

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stone Craig
Creating Batch Driven Dynamic Text Images
on Mar 24, 2008 at 5:58:06 am

Being new to Illustrator I have an immediate need to handle what I understand to be an advanced requirement. Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Here is the challenge:

I have a new client that has created a base image, that requires a text portion (Text message code) to be changed for each image. We are taking an .eps file of each unique code / image and printing a sign. I am needing to be able to read in the 100 different text codes into a Illustrator template / base image and have the application generate an .eps image for each code. Otehrwise I am stuck entering 100+ codes, saving and moving on the the next manually.

Any thoughts, tips on how I can make his happen? I have Adobe CS3 suite.

Best regards,
Stone Craig
stone@stonecraig.com

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
Re: Creating Batch Driven Dynamic Text Images
on Mar 26, 2008 at 9:02:24 pm

What platform are you on? If your on a Mac you might want to look into Applescript to get this done.

Windows side you might be able to doe something with VBscript? Not sure on that one.

Return to posts index

Bryce Darcy
Re: Creating Batch Driven Dynamic Text Images
on Dec 10, 2010 at 3:20:45 pm

Stone, did you ever find a solution to automating Illustrator to produce images with variable text? I have precisely this problem. Found your post last night via Google... and then had to have Cow send me a password reminder. Voila. Here I am.

If anyone else knows how to data drive Adobe Illustrator via a CSV file... any advice would be welcomed!!

B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]