FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jagged edges arounds all fonts in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Danner
Jagged edges arounds all fonts in Photoshop
on Feb 5, 2008 at 4:53:17 am

For some reason all my fonts in Photoshop CS3 have jagged edges around them. When you move the text the edges move around.The only change I can get is when I change the options in the text menu from "crisp" or "smooth" or any of the other options to "none" but none only reduces the jagged edges but it does not eliminate them. I opened up Illustrator CS3 and all the fonts are displaying properly plus they show up just fine in After Effects CS3 as well. I had this problem last year in Photoshop CS2 but I can't remember how I fixed it. I'm sure its something simple I'm just overlooking.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Jagged edges arounds all fonts in Photoshop
on Feb 5, 2008 at 7:20:28 am

Sounds like an issue with antialiasing. What size text are you using? At what DPI?

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

Dan Danner
on Feb 5, 2008 at 12:45:49 pm

Eureka! Thanks for the tip! I knew it was something simple that I was overlooking. I checked the dpi on the file I was working with, and for some reason the background pic was at 150 dpi. I tried starting the project over this morning with 72 & 300 dpi and viola! Crisp, sharp fonts like they should be. Thanks again for the help!

Return to posts index

Richard Hutt
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:26:03 pm

This is very close to a problem i am having with fonts and objects I want to fix this with this info but do not know how to adjust the dpi toggle I kind of dont understand what the dpi is or where it is located. I'm using CS 2
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dan Danner
on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:47:55 pm

when you open a new document inside photoshop, one of the settings is "resolution"... that's your dpi. 72 for web, 300 for print and 150 can go either way.

Return to posts index

Richard Hutt
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:13:26 pm

Thank you Dan I really appreciate it. I was looking for Dpi....not even thinking about 'resolution"
One last question....can i convert the resolution of the existing project, or do i need to transfer everything to a new project.

Return to posts index

Dan Danner
on Mar 15, 2010 at 10:11:41 pm

I think you have to transfer it. Just pull your layers onto a new doc.

Return to posts index

Richard Hutt
on Mar 16, 2010 at 5:26:43 pm

Thats what I ended up doing. Been using this program for about 10 years....cant believe I didnt know the dpi. Thanks so much for your help.
R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]