FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop - Editing a single frame causes the same change in every frame in my project

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikkell khan
Photoshop - Editing a single frame causes the same change in every frame in my project
on Feb 1, 2008 at 9:39:26 pm

I'm trying to create an animation in which you see the beginning of two words, say, Building Bridges. So you see the capitalized B's and not the lowercase words. The B's are close together, overlapping.

The first part of the animation spreads them out to their proper distance and the second part fades in the lowercase words, revealing the full word.

I'm setting all these states, 1) B's together
2) B's apart
3) lowercase letters fade in

In three separate frames. The fade in is a pretty easy tween but what is happening is when I move the B's in the second frame to their proper distance, all the B's that I am moving are moving as well in frame 1 and frame 3, creating jumbled and undesirable effects.

I took off propagate frame 1 and did not lock any of the position, opacity or layer effects. What could be the problem?

I am using Photoshop CS3 for Windows.

Return to posts index

mikkell khan
Re: Photoshop - Editing a single frame causes the same change in every frame in my project
on Feb 3, 2008 at 2:50:19 pm

Please, I need assistance, this is for a project due on Wednesday.

Return to posts index

Harry Farr
Re: Photoshop - Editing a single frame causes the same change in every frame in my project
on Feb 25, 2009 at 1:13:35 am

CS3 editing single frame causes same change in previous frame
it only happens when I use the transform tool
fastwarp. I am using frames. maybe try other timeline like that
guy said
fastwarp

Return to posts index

Chris Lupetti
on Feb 3, 2008 at 2:59:34 pm

If you are doing this in Photoshop have you tried rasterizing the text before animating them? If you are doing it in Illustrator create an outline.
I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

mikkell khan
on Feb 3, 2008 at 6:19:06 pm

I made the text in illustrator and saved it as a PSD (photoshop) file. Cut out the two large B's and put them on their own layers.

The elements are recognized as images and not text, so I don't think I have the ability to rasterize them.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Feb 3, 2008 at 8:59:53 pm

I'm not quite following what is causing the issue you are having. If you have CS3 Extended,I would recommend using the timeline animation with keyframes instead of using the frame based animation. It will give you greater flexibility animating individual layers. Otherwise try doing the movement animation before doing the opacity in framebased animation.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

mikkell khan
on Feb 4, 2008 at 3:36:58 am

I seemed to have gotten it to work. I went to the frame I wanted to edit, and I selected all the Unify options at the top of the layers panels and then deselected them. Strangely enough, I was able to move the layers in that frame independently of all the other frames. So although I don't understand why that happened, problem solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]