FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opacity Changes to Layers Don't Display in Photoshop and Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
davemcc
Opacity Changes to Layers Don't Display in Photoshop and Illustrator
on Oct 19, 2007 at 12:12:42 pm

in Photoshop or Illustrator (CS2, Mac OS X 10.4.10).

This behavior started after running the Image Processing Batch script a few days ago (or some other batch/automation scripts in Photoshop).

If I delete all preferences for both apps, the problem goes away temporarily (in my Library/Preferences folder).

Specifically, I can adjust the opacity slider on existing and new documents and the only change is between 0% opacity and all other values (1% to 100%), that is, "on" or "off". However, if a document is saved and opened elsewhere (only tested my Photoshop files, or TIFFs exported from Photoshop), then the opacity change shows up in its icon and in other applications.

At first, I thought that this behavior was isolated to Photoshop, but it appears to affect Illustrator, as well.

I deleted cache files and all preferences, but have I missed something more "global" (used by all Adobe apps)?

Again, I haven't changed my system, or installed any new software recently. This issue began after trying out some of the automation scripts in Photoshop.

Another hint: After deleting preference files, on restart of Photoshop and Illustrator (for the first time), I receive a "Color settings have been changed outside of XXXXX..." dialog window at application start...

Any thoughts, other than reinstalling everything and trying to track down all of the settings files would be very helpful. Thanks.

Return to posts index

davemcc
Re: Opacity Changes to Layers Don't Display in Photoshop and Illustrator
on Oct 20, 2007 at 6:36:36 pm

Well, the following should help someone hopefully...

After much testing and checking (and re-installation of CS2), I discovered that the

"Use video alpha"

checkbox in the "Transparency & Gamut" Preference "tab" was checked.

On my system (dual 2.5 GHz G5 with nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL video card and a Blackmagic Decklink video I/O card), that setting stops transparency from working properly.

I don't know if the Decklink card is a factor, or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]