FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing font question

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
louwho
Missing font question
on Sep 30, 2007 at 12:13:31 pm

A graphic artist emailed me the finished product in a a1 file.I have CS2 (I am not an artist or graphics person).

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Missing font question
on Sep 30, 2007 at 4:12:40 pm

May be an empoty text box

you can have them convert all type to outlines first or look at Transtype utility for converting fonts (separate purchase)

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Oct 1, 2007 at 1:11:36 pm

[louwho] " Do I care about this warning message, can I ignore it, can I get the equivalent windows font (I have tried downloading some to my system but I still get the error message)."

As Richard said, the sender could resend it with text as outlines, but I don't think you need to do that unless it is that file that will go to the printers. The basic answer to your question is: don't worry about the error message. Just save the file and keep going. If it looks OK it probably is OK. If it involved a corporate logo there would be a strong concern about having the right look. If you know the graphic looks fine for the T-shirt print then you're done.

http://www.fontazm.com/msie/m.htm
The link will take you to a free download of that font if you don't already have it. Unzip the file and copy it to your system fonts folder. Stop and restart PS CS2 and it will show up. That would eliminate the error message. Photoshop doesn't care if a mac or pc created the graphic as long as everyone involved knows what the image looks like.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
on Oct 2, 2007 at 6:09:50 pm

Hi,
you might have "stray points" in your document. To check go to:
SELECT...OBJECT...STRAY POINTS. It's easier to find stray points or empty text boxes if you are in "outline mode" in Illustrator. ("VIEW"...."OUTLINE") Then hit delete.

Besides that, I wouldn't sweat too much about it...everything will be allright ;=)

Adi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]