FORUMS: list search recent posts

EPS file won't show in Photoshop or Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hilleke
EPS file won't show in Photoshop or Illustrator
on Sep 25, 2007 at 8:33:25 am

I've been sent an EPS file created by a designer in Illustrator or InDesign, which I've tried to open in Illustrator or Photoshop.
Illustrator will open it but shows nothing except the empty outline and if I select the whole area, a blank blue object. I know almost nothing about Illustrator but I'm guessing this is referncing to a file that is not on the disc I've been sent. Is this right?
Photoshop won't open the file at all. It comes up with an error about 'parsers' which I've never seen before.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...if only to educate me in the ways of Illustrator!

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: EPS file won't show in Photoshop or Illustrator
on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:04:42 pm

Hi,
I believe your guess goes in the right direction.

Illustrator seems to be missing a link. If you place an image in Illustrator, you can either link to it or embed in the Illustrator file. When saving as an EPS, whover created the file might have not checked the "include linked files".

Pull up the link window in Illustrator (Window....Links) and see if there is a link referenced.

Next check the disc you received and make sure the link is not on there. Sometimes links are getting lost just by moving the file to another disk and therefore the link to the external high. res. file needs to be updated. In the link window click the little triangle on the upper right and choose the appropriate choice ( replace link....update linke etc.)

If the link (missing file) is not there, ask the provider for the missing file, or to send a new eps with all the links "embedded"
Hope that helps.
Adi

Return to posts index

littlefighter
Re: EPS file won't show in Photoshop or Illustrator
on Sep 27, 2007 at 7:39:46 am

That does help.
They did send the tiff it was linked to, so we've managed to re-create it.

Thanks heaps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]