FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hide safe title&action in AI CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roussel
Hide safe title&action in AI CS3
on Sep 12, 2007 at 1:10:46 pm

Hi, I just wonder how to hide those safe title & action safe's guide, when working with a Film&video templates in Illustrator Cs3.
thanks

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Hide safe title&action in AI CS3
on Sep 12, 2007 at 2:04:09 pm

Not to discourage you from asking on the COW, but sometimes Adobe Help is the perfect place to find the answer. Look up "guides".

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

roussel
on Sep 12, 2007 at 10:56:49 pm

Sorry about reasking but, I try check the Adobe help, and there seem to be no mention. I don't think those are like any other guides. I try to hide guide(ctrl+;), select them, they don't even appear as a sublayer like other guides in Illustrator.
I know those in photoshop are consider as guides and so, are easily removable, but in AI Cs3...
But, I may have miss something in the Help files.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Sep 13, 2007 at 2:15:22 pm

Sorry, my graphics computer failed two days ago and I can't get on Illustrator to check and lend further help.

This sounds like a job for our forum moderators!!

Del

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Sep 18, 2007 at 11:25:07 pm

You're looking for "Crop Area Options" which is accessible by double clicking the Crop Area tool.

If you can't find this tool on your tools palette try pressing Shift-O which should highlight it.

The Options window will give you many, erm, options to choose from in terms of visibility of the Crop Area Rulers, Video Safe Areas, Cross Hairs and more.

There are also presets for the crop area at the top of this dialog.

Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Sep 20, 2007 at 2:21:39 pm

Thanks Darby

That info will be stored in my knowledge base for when I get my graphics computer back. It has been over a week and while Photoshop Elements 4 is a fine program, it lacks the finesse of PS CS3 and AI CS3.

I may have to start using the Mac after being on PC for 6 years. The Command key is in the wrong place :-) The future is moving to MacPro in our facility so I'd better get used to it. Thanks again.

Del

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]