FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wacom pad

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonyman
Wacom pad
on Jul 31, 2007 at 2:56:20 am

Does illustrator have as much versatility when using a pen tablet as say photoshop. I am looking for the options that give you more flexibility with this. Are they there?

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: Wacom pad
on Aug 2, 2007 at 6:41:03 pm

Quite frankly, the answer is no. Pen and tablet in Illustrator is almost pointless since you work with vectors.

Pen tablets were build for programs like Photoshop and Painter.
I can highly recommend Wacom Intuos tablets, I have been using those for many years.

But of course that doesn't mean you can't use it in Illustrator or other vector programs.
If you feel comfortable with the pen use it in any programm you want and that it is compatible with.
Cheers,
Adi

Return to posts index

Randall Kanady
on Mar 3, 2010 at 8:44:39 pm

I have been using wacom tablets for years with Illustrator and they work great. I use it for drawing all my vector images for stencils to be cut with a plotter cutter. You can see my art work on my web site. I just don't know if I should put the web address on here because it's for helping others and not promoting one's art work.

I have been teaching people online to draw vectors in Illustrator.
I hope I don't sound harsh for I am new to this great forum.

Randall K AKA TheSandCarver

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Aug 7, 2007 at 12:46:36 pm

I disagree. I use my Wacom tablet with illustrator and it make it much easier for me than trying to hunt for points with the mouse. stretching and pulling bezier curves is more fluid to me with the tablet.
If you need justification for purchasing a tablet, and your work is say 70% Illustrator 30% Photoshop, this is still reason to have one.
Another tool I use that works well with the tablet is the smooth tool under the pencil.
There are brushes in Illustrator that can be set to pressure sensitivity and the symbol sprayer tool is pretty cool to use with this function.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]