FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting just the required objects?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mav777
Exporting just the required objects?
on Jul 26, 2007 at 6:24:56 am

Hi,

I'm an experienced Corel Draw user (but a highly inexperienced Illustrator user) and am not familiar with the way Illustrator allows one to simply export (or save as the case may be) a group of Objects by themselves.

ie. I just simply want to send through a logo...not the entire a4 Document where the logo is situated.

I've tried both save and export...and neither seem to have a "Export Selection only" feature like Corel Draw...but I'm sure there must be a simple solution.

Thanks for you patience and help. (Searching through help only presents options on exporting jpegs and TIFFS etc...I'd like to use AI format)

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Exporting just the required objects?
on Jul 27, 2007 at 2:39:25 am

You may need to 'Save As' to generate an AI file.

If the unwanted objects are on their own layers, you can highlight the layer in the Layers palette (F7) and delete it by clicking on the trash can on the layer palette. File/Save As.

Or...
Click on the Selection tool (V) or the Group Selection tool from the Tools palette, use to to select and delete the unwanted objects. File/Save As.

Or, to simply hide the objects...
Go to the Layers palette and click on the 'eye ball' that corresponds to the desired layers to toggle the Visibility option. If the object is nested within a layer, click the triangle (next to the layer) to expand the layer and expose all of the objects within it. There, you can hide any nested objects. File/Save As.

Return to posts index

evan fotis
Re: Exporting just the required objects?
on Nov 6, 2008 at 11:55:42 pm

Isn't it silly that a vector application as old as Illy lacks simple functionalities.
Saving a selected object to a separate file is almost a must.
In Draw, or even 3D applications this has been there for ages.
There should at least be a preset script provided by Adobe for this...

The "fastest way" I use is copy, new file, paste save, close, which can be assigned to action..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]