FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I create this??

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pcitydesign
How do I create this??
on Jun 18, 2007 at 5:34:20 pm

Hi, Im pretty seasoned in illustrator and for a while now I have seen this effect (the array of lines in the background) alot and i would like to recreate it, but there has to be an easier way to do this, without painstakingly redrawing it.

here is the link: http://www.reelizemedia.com/AIStarTemplate.jpg

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advnace

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: How do I create this??
on Jun 18, 2007 at 7:09:18 pm

Hi,
You could do it in Illustrator ( I used CS2), using the Polar Grid Tool.
The Polar Grid tool is in the same location where the Line tool is.

Double click the Polar Grid to get into the setup.
You can set how many linesor beams or "radial dividers" you want.
Leave the concentric dividers at 0.
Once you ok this it will give you a star-like shape, consisting of stroked lines.
(Apply a stroke to the lines of, maybe 8 pt or so...)

Next, convert these strokes to outlines ( with no stroke)- this is to make one end of the stroke wider then the center, to give it a 3d appearance...
With the Direct Selection tool Shift select ONLY the points on the outside of each "segment".
Doubleclick the scale tool and make these edges wider by scaling 200% or whatever you like.
Next, with the Direct Selection tool Shift select all the points on each segment on the inside (or center).
Double click the scale tool and scale these to 25% (or whatever you like).

That should give you the desired shape.

Merge all the elements into one shape with the Pathfinder tool, so you can apply a gradient to the whole "star burst".

Hope that helps.
Adi

Return to posts index

Lowtech
Re: How do I create this??
on Jul 2, 2007 at 8:47:11 pm

Well here is a super easy way to do it in illustrator. If look under the circle or square tool you will find the star tool.... if you drag a star out on the canvas area and then use the up and down arrows on the keyboard you can control the number of points... or you can bring up the star creation digalog box and type in your own values. then use the Pucker and bloat filter to make the center smaller if you didnt do so in the dialog box. mess with the over all scale of your star and there you go.... fast and easy. feel free to do a subtraction from a box to trim off the un-needed parts...

Cheers,
Lowtech

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]