FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live trace stops working

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonyman
Live trace stops working
on Jun 13, 2007 at 12:07:01 pm

What is going on? I have been happily LiveTracing photos in Illustrator and suddenly it stops working. My error is Unknown error CANT, and then a subsequent, NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PREVIEW. I have plenty of space on my system. My scratch disks are using a primary hd with 20 gigues and a secondary with 546 gigues. My operating system is on another hd. I have AMD 4800+ dual core processors and 4 gigues of ram. I have deleted my AITEMP files several times. My mode is color, pallete automatic, Max Colors is 163, path fitting 8, Minimum Area 2019 px, Corner Angle 20, Raster 'No Image' , Vector 'Tracing Result'. My input files are 300 PPI. I would like to get back to having the flexibility where I could use any settings I wanted and run successfully. HELP would be much appreciated!!!!!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Live trace stops working
on Jun 15, 2007 at 4:42:54 pm

You seem to have a good grasp of troubleshooting the situation so I can only offer you some additioanl suggestions

Reset your ai prefs; boot ilustrator and immediately hold down (Shift Ctrl alt )
Test that your 4gb or ram are working
Update your video drivers

Are you saying live trace is working just not on 300 dpi images. Try some other image as you may find it works better with RGB or a differetn file format, adn defintely lower res to find what the parameters are that you live traces are failing at.

Return to posts index

Tonyman
Re: Live trace stops working
on Jun 18, 2007 at 11:28:56 pm

Thanks, I found that if I set the blur to 1 or 2 pixels the picture is traceable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]