FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tranparency issue. ai to indd to pdf

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacki in Atlanta
Tranparency issue. ai to indd to pdf
on May 24, 2007 at 7:40:13 pm

Working on an indd catalogue and saved a bunch of little oval shaped ai eps links with new text as tiff 8-bit, which gave me the the tranparency option, and the background looks perfectly transparent in the indd as it should. But...The pdf is what the client proofs, and it has white boxes, not completely surrounding the oval links, but back there peeking out. Can't have that! What am I doing wrong?

I have seen that there are some original links with outlined text, but I don't have that option the way I saved these, and I'm not sure that is relevant.

Wrong pdf settings? Saving the eps's incorrectly? Anybody?

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: Tranparency issue. ai to indd to pdf
on May 25, 2007 at 11:41:58 am

Hi Jackie,
I have 2 suggestions that have helped me in the past with similar transparency issues.

1: when you export to pdf from InDesign set the Acrobat combatibility to Acrobat 4.
This will force InDesign to flatten the file down natively in InDesign, which gives better results on output ( the reason is, because Acrobat 4 can't handle transparency, therefore InDesign flattens it down).

2: Instead of linking the eps in InDesign, copy and paste via clipboard into InDesign.
make sure that in the Illustrator in the prefs. the file handling and clipboard options copy as PDF is checked.

By the way: the 8 bit Tiff option you were referring to really only has to do with the file PREVIEW and not the transparency within the file.

Hope that helps.
Adi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]