FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Wake-Up Call to Adobe

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron moody
A Wake-Up Call to Adobe
on May 22, 2007 at 10:27:20 pm

I'm extending a wake-up call to Adobe and wonder where others stand on the following.

I publicly request that Adobe make their entire production suite available on Linux (ubuntu perhaps). While I realize that, at least in the past they were hesitant because they didn't feel that Linux users would pay for software, since their operating system of choice was free.

To me, operating systems are simply a tool, and Linux is a very good tool. I for one, would love to buy or make a quad or dual quad system that could be used for creative authoring purposes.

If for example Adobe chose to make Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, ... (the whole produciton suite) available, they would do a side run around the competition. On similar hardware, it would outperform every Windows OS ever made, and would give OSX a run for their money, especially when you consider the much cheaper hardware costs for the Linux solution. For the same money that you would have to invest in Apple hardware, you would have a rocketship.

Even if Adobe gave very strict compatibility guidelines for motherboards, video, sound, and firewire, I would jump to it right now. I mean right NOW.

Adobe has already made the OS leap in supporting Apple's version of UNIX. It's not nearly as great a jump to ubuntu as it would have been a year or so ago.

It's time Adobe. I'm willing to vote with my wallet.

Ron from Maui

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]