FORUMS: list search recent posts

.ai to pdf, multi page layout

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacki in Atlanta
.ai to pdf, multi page layout
on Apr 25, 2007 at 6:20:51 pm

Client designed multipage in Illustrator. Need a 1 up or 2 up pdf. Mine have the whole artboard. I did see some option for "create multi page pdf from tiles" in -save as -pdf but it is not clickable. Anybody?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: .ai to pdf, multi page layout
on Apr 26, 2007 at 5:03:54 pm

Do these 2 commands:

file >> print >> setup under general) >> tiling >> tile full pages

view >> show page tiling

Now the option when saving as PDF for multipage will work

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Apr 26, 2007 at 5:06:32 pm

By the way if you are from Atlanta, do you know of the Adobe Training Compnay: Accelerated Learning Group

http://www.learngroup.net

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
on Apr 27, 2007 at 6:49:37 pm

I have found learngroup in several google searches for training, but have not met any trainers or known of anyone who went there. I've been to about 10 media local media associations and have never heard any buzz about them.

For my multi-page .ai I also had to change some printer settings and make the page sixe really big. Then I made it and it was just white, so I selected all of the art and moved it to that outlined space on the pasteboard and then it shows up. I don't know if moving it all around is Kosher, but that is the only way I could get it to work.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Apr 30, 2007 at 4:38:15 pm

Good you got your problem solved, and got custom page sizes going.

If you hear of anything about learngroup let me know, I am trying to collect a judgement in Gwinnett against him. Beware of learngroup, the owner is dishonest and has taken money from students for classes not provided. He also runs up invoices/expenses with instructors and then does not pay.

Someone else put up http://www.learngroup.com to warn people about his criminal history.

Return to posts index

Douglas Webb
on Oct 13, 2010 at 3:41:01 pm

Hey guys,

I am having a similar problem and found this thread, and wanted to see if you could help.

I've created a brochure. It's two sided for print, but for the purposes of saving it digitally, want to save it as a two-page PDF with the front and back being the two pages.

The brochure is 9in tall by 16in wide.

When I go to "Save" and try to set custom page sizes, the "Custom" option is always grayed, even after trying the tips in this thread.

Let me know if you have any ideas,

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Oct 13, 2010 at 7:27:07 pm

I used to be a big fan of multi-page layouts, save a multi-page PDF, all that good stuff.
Now it appears that you need to create multiple artboards, when you create a new document.
I haven't done much with it yet, so I don't have more info, but it does allow you to create multi-page PDFs.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Douglas Webb
on Nov 19, 2010 at 11:13:47 pm

Ok. You're right Vincent. With Illustrator CS4 or CS5, when you make a new document, you can choose the number of artboards when you set up your document. Once you're ready to save as a PDF, it will let you create a multi-page PDF. It's pretty straight forward.

However, if you're using CS3 or earlier, I'm not sure how to do it. My work upgraded to CS5 so it sorted itself out for me.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]