FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to extract screenshot-logo to graphic?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joakim
Best way to extract screenshot-logo to graphic?
on Apr 19, 2007 at 4:11:50 pm

Hi guys,

I'm hoping you could help me out; I have used most of the Adobe programs that are video-related, but unforunately I don't have as much experience with the graphic-based programs, so please bare with me.

Anyway, what I need to do is this: take the logo from the picture below (which is a screengrab from a DVD) and turn it into higher quality version. It should be as identical as possible to the blue logo in the middle. I would assume the best option would be to make a vector-based copy of it, or something. Am I right?

http://home.no.net/joakimvr/PDVD_002.jpg

Now, assuming Illustrator would be my best option; how do I extract the logo?

I hope this made sence. It should be a fairly simple question. It doesnt have to be vector-graphic either, just a better quality version that can be used for printing, and is easy to work with.

all the best!

Return to posts index

TiffaniB
Re: Best way to extract screenshot-logo to graphic?
on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:49:31 pm

Well, the way I would do it probably isn't the best way, but it's quick and dirty and would work. Using Photoshop, I'd resize the image to something very large, then use the line tool or the selection tool to draw around the logo on a separate layer and fill it in. I don't use Illustrator so I can't help you with that...

Tiffani B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]