FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a frame with a single little image (or how to duplicate an image along a path)?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
logicalnot
Making a frame with a single little image (or how to duplicate an image along a path)?
on Apr 11, 2007 at 10:09:13 pm

(all my friends went dry on this one)

How can I do a pattern effect following a stroke (like in illustrator)?

I wish to make a frame with diamonds (the same one, duplicated). I have a tiny selection (it's a diamond) of a multicolor image and I want duplicate it following a border (or a path).

Right now i am trying brushes but I loose the colors of the initial pattern.
It's frustrating because it's easy with AI

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Making a frame with a single little image (or how to duplicate an image along a path)?
on Apr 12, 2007 at 3:46:00 pm

Yeah I have been asking Adobe for years to add a full color option to define brush, not just grayscale. Would open up an entire feature similar to image hose in painter or scatter brush in illustrator.

Well there is an simple way to do your project in photoshop and that is by alt drag to dragging you diamond layer to make a copy. You can use your path as a template to visually do this. You could later rotate a few of your gems so it does not look like the same one.

Return to posts index

MarkArch
Re: Making a frame with a single little image (or how to duplicate an image along a path)?
on Apr 13, 2007 at 3:12:43 am

Aloha-

You can do this in After Effects.
Use the Particle Playground effect.

Put the object you want duplicated on a layer and turn off its visibility.

Make a new solid that is comp size and apply Particle Playground. Under"Layer map," choose the layer with your object. Turn off all velocity, gravity, and spread. Set position keyframes for your path.

Of course, if you have a Quantel Paintbox, Henry, etc., this has been possible for 15 years.

-Mark Archibald, Honolulu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]