FORUMS: list search recent posts

Controlling order paths are drawn in Live Trace

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skimber
Controlling order paths are drawn in Live Trace
on Mar 22, 2007 at 2:13:15 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to create an effect of a house's blueprint being drawn in After Effects. However, I'm having trouble controlling the order the paths are drawn in in AE. Unfortunately, there are 487 masks (Illustrator paths), so that makes it very difficult to set the order. Essentially, what I'm doing is importing a blueprint of a house and using live trace in Illustrator. Then I'm copying and pasting the paths into After Effects and animating them from there. When I asked how I could control the order of masks quickly and dirtily (if that's a word) in the After Effects forum, it was suggeested that I need to control the order the paths are created in Illustrator. It was also suggested that I ask that question here. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Sean Kimber

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Controlling order paths are drawn in Live Trace
on Mar 26, 2007 at 6:23:31 pm

You cannot control the order in which paths are drawn in live trace, btu you can reorfer paths in the layers palette of illustrator.

First you want to expand your live trace. Teh you watn to create new layers in your layers palette,a dn I sugegst naming them to help avoid confusion. Everytihng is now on your layer 1, adn you want to ungroup everyhting. Teh you can slect individual paths. Once you have te paths slected you will see the layers palette has a bullet point next to the layername that contains the object, drag that bullet point to the layer you want that art to be on. Once you have moved the tiems to layers, you can thn import thsi into after effects as choose the option to preserve layers adn you will get a layered comp you can animate. If you want to animate the bezier points, you may want to copy those form ilustaor and paste them into after effects (since i dont believe after effects has an expand command).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]