FORUMS: list search recent posts

Professional zooming software???

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ResolutionDesign
Professional zooming software???
on Mar 20, 2007 at 12:43:29 am

Hi guys,

I have to scale up an image 1024*576 square pixels per at least 3-4 times its size. Do you know the best software to achieve the best result?
I have tried BlowUp from Alienskin (photoshop pluggin), and I am not very happy by the result: the image gets very soft.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Maxence

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: Professional zooming software???
on Mar 20, 2007 at 10:51:59 am

Digital Anarchy do a plug called Re:Sizer you could try..but to be honest pixels are pixels..you're not going to find any more resolution than what is there in the first place!

I often have clients asking me to send someone a still from an SD commercial to be used in an A0 sized poster! Then they ask why it looks so cr@p!

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Mar 20, 2007 at 2:40:42 pm

I will be honest and tell you I have not tested a product that showed any worthwhile improvement. To me all these products are placebos, and that is why they do not show a before and after printed on their box.

My book is about 2 years old, but I showed the printed results of an image done by the 3 major products at the time. Another author who frequented this forum claims in his book that genuine fractals works great and would often post that on this forum. When we asked him for samples to prove his point, he never replied only promoted his book over and over again.

I haven't tested digital anarchy (so don't count them out), but extensis smartscale, genuine fractals and a couple others I can't remember the name did nothing taht phothsop biciubic interpolation and a median filter couldn't do.

In my opinion the only solution is to use Illustrator live trace on image and turn it into an illustration, which worked for us on the graphics for the CBOF Chicago Business Opportunity Fair for trade show graphics. If your image cannot have an illustrated appearance, then you need have the shoot done over as any other technique I seen people post on the internet really does no improvement the human eye can see at >3 feet away.

There are techniques and rules to follow for not making an image worse than what you have(eg saving as jpeg over and over again), but the technique to scale an image by 1% and do this 100 x actually makes the image worse instead of better, and I have seen a few people post this on the internet(my feeling is they plagarised someone else's BS post without testing it themselves or they fooled themselves into thinking that worked without comparing actual printed results).

Return to posts index

ResolutionDesign
on Mar 21, 2007 at 12:09:19 am

Thanks a lot hor your help guys. I really appreciated.

Maxence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]