FORUMS: list search recent posts

Neagtive / Invert in Iluustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger BURTON
Neagtive / Invert in Iluustrator
on Mar 12, 2007 at 2:40:06 pm

Hi chaps ... I have a logo in illustrator that prints blue on white (this explanation of my problem is probably going to be a bit tiresome) the logo is a boat so stripes down the side and portholes etc are blue (ie the 'dark' areas of the image and the main bits of the boat (which are white) are represented by the white paper it's printed on. Well I want to print the logo on some blue Tshirts ... I don't just want to print what was blue ink as white ink on a blue shirt because the boat image will be, in effect, negative. Can I, in illustrator, kind of, invert my objects ie the objects become the background and the background becomes an object .... I think.

many thanks for your time ... Roger

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Neagtive / Invert in Iluustrator
on Mar 12, 2007 at 7:26:11 pm

If the file was built using global or spot color swatches you could correct this quickly in the swatches palete with a couple of alt drags. Probably is nto built with gloabl colros, but the solution is ismlpe nonetheless.

Make 2 swatches (Blue, White) on you swatches palette and choose spot

Select a white fill
select >> same >> fill color
click on the blue swatch

Select on of your old blue colors
select >> same >> fill color
click on the white swatch

If you have stroke, repeat the process for them.

Now that the colors are built as spot, you can in the future just t doubleclick the swatch in the swatches palette and change it there to whatever you want. Read your help on merging swatches, very bloody good info every illustrator user can benefit from.

Return to posts index

Roger BURTON
Re: Neagtive / Invert in Iluustrator
on Mar 13, 2007 at 11:59:19 am

Thanks Mike .... good of you to take the time.

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]