FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustr.: How can I revolve a shape (sort of transforming a line into a circle)?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thor64
Illustr.: How can I revolve a shape (sort of transforming a line into a circle)?
on Mar 9, 2007 at 5:39:17 pm

I have created a skyline - and want it to go around a circle (the earth, that is. It's sort of a cartoony illustration)
How can I do this in illustrator?

Return to posts index

Vintendo
Re: Illustr.: How can I revolve a shape (sort of transforming a line into a circle)?
on Mar 12, 2007 at 3:16:53 am

Ideally, I would want to create a horizontally tileable vector of this "shape", with sides that match seamlessly when connected. Than drag this shape into the Brushes palette. You'd probably want to select an Art brush, and set the size to Proportional. The 'Proportional' setting tells the brush to stretch the image, rather than repeat it.
Turning your image into a brush will allow the image to follow the curves and angles of a path.
Now you can select your path and apply the brush to it. You can continue to modify the settings of the brush by clicking the Options button in the Brushes palette, with the brushed object selected.
If you are trying to do this to a raster image, you could try using the same technique.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]