FORUMS: list search recent posts

cracking 3d text

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brngthepain13
cracking 3d text
on Mar 7, 2007 at 8:11:34 pm

i am creating a logo the lettering in the logo i am doing in 3d i am wandering if i can bring this into photoshop or illustrator and crack the words down the middle and still maintain the three dimensional look the words would have two dogs pulling on each side of the logo and bowing it a little bit the words would be cracking down the center

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: cracking 3d text
on Mar 7, 2007 at 9:10:01 pm

You can bring the logo into illustrator first, and then crack it up by drawing some lines on top and then using pathfinder divide. You can then manually spread the letters apart adn use effect >> 3D.. Extrue & bevel.

You can also crack up your letters easily with the knife tool as an alterante method if you prefer to do this free form adn do nto need contorl over having perfectly straight lines.

Return to posts index

brngthepain13
on Mar 7, 2007 at 10:08:36 pm

so if i want to create the 3d text in a seperate program and import it into illustrator it will still hold the 3 dimensional look from a program like 3ds max if so what should i save the image as am i trying to go about this wrong and i should be creating all of this in illustrator

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Mar 8, 2007 at 10:18:07 pm

The method I described is if you start out with a logo whcih is usually in vector format of .ai, .eps or .eps.

If your logo is coming for a 3D program, you can create the cracked effect in your 3D program, or open up the rendered image in photoshop and break it appart.

After effects has agreta filter called shatter, that can do everythign you need. What format is your logo in now, and is it already extruded?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]