FORUMS: list search recent posts

copying tables, etc from word into PS?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
copying tables, etc from word into PS?
on Feb 22, 2007 at 10:40:22 am

Hi,

I may be just being lazy here, but before I spend ages reformatting and re-aligning 10 pages of text I just wondered if there was any kind of script or way of importing tables and coloumns, etc into Photoshop from word?

Obviously I can just copy&paste text right in, but I've a bunch of data in tables that I need to re-create in PS (I've been charged with 'sexing-up' our ratecard) and just wondered if I basically have to remake the tables from scratch with shapes and lines, or whether there's a way PS recognises this sort of thing and converts it?

Thanks.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: copying tables, etc from word into PS?
on Feb 22, 2007 at 3:00:03 pm

In word use table >> select table
Then copy this in word and paste into photoshop
The result will be bitmapped, but all your colors and table formatting should carry over

If you want vector quality, print your page to the PDF driver, then place the resulting PDF file as a smart object in Photoshop.

If you will need to edit the table to sex it up, you can open the PDF in Illustrator.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: copying tables, etc from word into PS?
on Feb 23, 2007 at 4:27:53 pm

You are a god amongst men, that is great Mike, thanks.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]