FORUMS: list search recent posts

PSDs not previewing in windows explorer...

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Betty Boop2
PSDs not previewing in windows explorer...
on Feb 10, 2007 at 10:27:02 pm

Hi,
Don't have a clue why this is happing, but it's driving me nuts.

I'm on Windows, with a number of machines. On my newest and biggest machine a notice that Photoshop not previewing in windows explorer when you set the folder view option to "thumbnails".

.jpg, .gif, .tiff, .ai all wrok and display fine. But not ".psd"

Anybody got a clue?

Jay Thompson

Thompson Visual Design & Storytelling

7 Marjean Ct.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: PSDs not previewing in windows explorer...
on Feb 12, 2007 at 10:02:13 am

This is something that CS2 'blocks' I think..some snide way of Adobe making sure you use Bridge to preview images. I hate bridge, so found a work around - something like changing a little bit of code in the registry, which worked a treat. Can't remember what it was or where I found it, but if you google search 'psd thumbnails windows explorer' you should find plenty of results on the subject. If you find one and you're not sure if it's legit, just post the link on here and I'll see if it jogs my memory.

Good luck. Bloody Adobe!

Oh, btw - did you do anything special to enable AI file previews in WE? I can't seem to get AI or EPS to preview, which is annoying. I rarely use those filetypes though, unless it's something I've been sent to convert...but it would be useful.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Betty Boop2
on Feb 12, 2007 at 4:35:12 pm

Thanks for the repley. YOur info helped me fix the problem.

I did not do anything to enable the .ai file previews. But I do run Illustrator 9.0 along with CS2 (that also has Illustrator).

Thanks again.
-jay

Jay Thompson

Thompson Visual Design & Storytelling

7 Marjean Ct.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Feb 12, 2007 at 9:29:12 pm

On the .ai's try saving as them to CS2. I know that I don't get previews on my old files, and my new ones show a preview in windows explorer. You may need to enable save as pdf compatible. though I don't like saving with pdf compatible, cause your files get huge.

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Feb 13, 2007 at 10:21:00 am

Ahhh....that'll be it. that explains why some AI's & EPS's I get sent DO preview and some don't. I have CS2, but I guess some of our clients don't!

Glad to help Betty.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]