FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Fonts

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt short
Missing Fonts
on Feb 6, 2007 at 5:22:33 pm

I opened a PSD file I was working on last week and two of the fonts in it are missing. The warning I get prior to opening the file is: 'Some text layers contain fonts that are missing. These layers will need to have the missing fonts replaced before they can be used for vector based output.' The file opens with warning triangles next to the offending text layers. The text in the file IS the missing font but, I can't type anything new with the missing fonts. I tried copying the fonts from the Library>Fonts folder into the Adobe>Fonts folder but, they still don't show up in Photoshop (even after restarting). I'm having the same problem in Illustrator with the same two fonts. Any ideas?

Mac OSX.4.8 Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Missing Fonts
on Feb 6, 2007 at 8:24:21 pm

What font is it that you are having troubel with? Lets pretend it is Frutiger.

Use font book to load the font, this will show you a preview of the fonts and tell you if it is loaded. Check Photoshop to see if the font appears under a similar named. You may originally began building the file with the ITC veriosn of Frutiger, adn are now laoding the Adobe version, whcih are exactly the same, but may be identiifed by differetn FOND number.

You may have a font conflict where another font is using the FOND ID number of the fonts you want to load, causing a conflict. Disable any other fonts except for what you need should fix the problem.

You also may have a corruptped .lst file. Do a find and delete all the .lst files on your computer. They get regenerated when needed, so don't worry about trashing them.

If you are still having trouble tell us more like what are you trying to load (.otf, type 1 fonts, truetype).

Return to posts index

matt short
Re: Missing Fonts
on Feb 7, 2007 at 12:30:34 pm

I searched and destroyed all .lst files then reloaded all my fonts using font book and deleted all duplicates. All is well.
Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]