FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Creative Suite Conference - any thoughts?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crys94
The Creative Suite Conference - any thoughts?
on Jan 26, 2007 at 11:22:29 pm

Has anyone attended The Creative Suite Conference (http://www.barrycon.com/conference.php?sid=2&cid=17&cp=adobe)? Barrycon Productions organizes it and I've found the outline to the previous conference in Chicago, but I can't find any comments/thoughts on what people thought of the conference. If anyone has attended this conference before, please let me know what you thought of it. Did it help you or did you think it was a big waste of time and money? I'm looking at learning Flash (no experience whatsoever) and touching up on my Photoshop and Illustrator skills.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: The Creative Suite Conference - any thoughts?
on Jan 27, 2007 at 5:34:18 pm

In my opinion, the only way to learn these types of software is with Total Training (and I have no financial interest here). Unless the conferences supply DVD's of the instructors so you can watch them over and over again, particularly when you need to look something up, in my opinion, the conferences are a waste of time and money.
If you just want to see what's new in the field, I suppose they are OK.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

schlagzeug
on Jan 29, 2007 at 6:46:03 pm

John, this kind of comment is pretty general about conferences. I think the original poster was looking for something a bit more specific to that particular conference.

Return to posts index

crys94
on Jan 31, 2007 at 3:45:31 pm

Thanks for your responses! Yes, what I'm really looking for is if anyone has been to this conference and what they thought of it. I'm trying to convince my boss to send me to this conference and I need some references, comments, reviews... anything! But I'm having a real hard time finding any reviews.

Return to posts index

Trung Truong
on Mar 3, 2008 at 11:04:25 pm

I'm actually looking for other opinions on berrycon aka MOGO Media. I didn't attend the CS conference last year '07, but I did the inDesign Conference in NYC organized by the same people at Barrycon. Simply put; a huge waste of lots of time and money. Nothing substantial and it doesn't help that most of the speakers had annoying personalities. Sorry if that was cheap, but it was agonizing. Get your tips and tricks from just spending some time with the software, which most prof. don't have time to do, so we pay for it dearly at conferences. Not sending my people to it this year. Heck, those blood suckers can prey on other newbies.

Corporate Marketing (8500+ employees, 1.3B revenue)
Creative Services Manager (7+ years)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]