<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BISI
stars shadow
by
on Jan 14, 2007 at 12:28:50 pm

Hello
Illustrator CS2
I know create this http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starshadowsft2.png
star and shadow , but i dont know how create little rotating of shadow of star? And white stroke on shadow edges ?
Thx for answer

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: stars shadow
on Jan 15, 2007 at 3:49:32 pm

Good Question.

Draw the star (for a 5 pointed star you will have to rotate it 180 degress so the point goes exactly down the middle), then draw rectangles for the shadow going straight below. Fill them with gradients alternating in degrees of direction. Once you have drawn one of these without any distortion select all and alt drag a copy as a backup.

Now select the rectangle shooting star trail of one of these, then double click the warp tool, and take the check marke off of simplify (this will help so when you distort, so that the lines dont get gaps between them). Hold down shift and alt and drag to make the brush size larger than the rectangle. Now brush a small distance over the middle of the rectangles to distort them. You may need to make some finer adjustments with smaller warp tools, or nudging with direct select tool, so your rectangle endpoints touch the start again.

Then drag another copy to make another distortion. Afterwards you can just rotate/scale/flip/recolor an existing copy of a distortion. to make another.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]