FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spine

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
~ * Rebecca * ~
Spine
on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:54:33 pm

I have a jpg of a spine. I am using it for a customer order that wants it to be on a notepad, but in order to do that, I need to have it in eps form. Does anyone happen to have an eps of a spine laying around, or know how to help me? Thanks. :)

^.^ Becca ^.^

Return to posts index

Vintendo
Re: Spine
on Jan 15, 2007 at 6:53:24 pm

Do you have a 'photographic' or rendered spine image? If the client needs a photo, they'll have to budget for a photo. If a vector is more suitable, I'd try a Google Image search for some reference material. Than, redraw or Auto-Trace (Illustrator CS2). If you don't have AI CS2, you can perform a sort of auto-trace in Photoshop. Use the wand tool to make the selection, open the Paths tab and click the 'Make Path From Selection' button. Than, export the paths to Illustrator. Also, in Photoshop, the Cutout filter can help to prepare raster images for vectorization.
You can sometimes find a cheap copy of Art Explosion on e-Bay. That'll have a ton of vector clip-art.

..just some ideas on how to create something out of.. very little. Which is often the case for graphics production people.

Return to posts index

Vintendo
Re: Spine
on Jan 16, 2007 at 5:46:40 pm

..or simply, open the Spine JPG in Illustrator or Photoshop and save as EPS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]