FORUMS: list search recent posts

rough edges in illustrator and after effects

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jEaster
rough edges in illustrator and after effects
on Dec 18, 2006 at 7:42:52 pm

Here is an image I created in Illustrator

As you can see the edges are rough and not like a vector image at all. Why is this?
If the image was rasterized, is there a way to undo this?

This is the image in After Effects. It looks even worse. Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
J Easter

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: rough edges in illustrator and after effects
on Dec 19, 2006 at 1:48:54 pm

Looks fine to me! But then I can only see the first picture...

In After Effects, when you import an AI or EPS file from Illustrator you need to click the 'continuously rasterize' icon for that imported file's layer in the timeline. It is a little sun icon. This means you can then infinitely scale the Illustrator file up or down in AE without losing any detail/definition. Hope this helps.

Oh - I noticed you've got quite a thin keyline around your character. On TV if this is very thin (1-2 pixels) it will look pretty nasty and will fizz or twinkle. To fix this either make sure your lines are thick enough or you can sometimes put a very light motion blur on the offending parts and that will remedy it.

Have fun!

Return to posts index

angela Speed
Re: rough edges in illustrator and after effects
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:58:03 pm

When you rasterize the edges, you are removing the anti aliasing which makes the edge look smooth. Since Photoshop uses pixels to render the drawing, if you remove the anti-aliasing, you loose the element that made it look smooth. If you wish to retain the vector quality of the drawing, illustrator which is a vector based program would be a better choice to create and output the illustration.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]