FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ahh...Need some basic Illustrator Help

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mabron
Ahh...Need some basic Illustrator Help
on Dec 6, 2006 at 8:59:42 pm

I am working with a grid path with 2 pt stroke that has been warped to appear bent and 20pt rounded edges...I am asked by my Flash guy to bascally invert path and create just the resulting boxes and their appropriate paths for a Flash transition...

Creating a virtual video wall for the net and I am a video editor with limited Illustrator exp...but quite good in PS...

Your Help will much appreciated

Kindly,
Matt

Return to posts index

Vintendo
Re: Ahh...Need some basic Illustrator Help
on Dec 11, 2006 at 6:17:39 pm

Unsure if I totally understand..
1 - Select the grid object and perform Object/Path/Outline Stroke.
2 - Create a solid fill, behind the new outlined grid, and Shift select the grid so both objects are selected.
3 - Now use Pathfinder/Divide.

Return to posts index

mabron
Re: Ahh...Need some basic Illustrator Help
on Dec 11, 2006 at 9:19:07 pm

You got it...seems like it should be simple but here is what happens,
I select the grid, and i see all the necessary strokes, although are not bent they represent each bent 2pt strokes ...I select object>path>outline stroke...the "red" bounding box and paths just go away, not permantly but until I reselect it. Yikes, try it again the same...blah blah.

This should be easy. I also notice that the warped strokes (bend) ones could be a bit smoother I see some alias'ing...

I have been importing and Rastersizing at high res and scaling back down to my 72 dpi workspace... in photoshop to smooth (anti-alias) the bent lines a bit.

Thanks for your help...seriously

Return to posts index

mabron
Re: Procedure for drawing a path around warped objects??
on Dec 11, 2006 at 9:41:54 pm

I created 2 new squares and warped them and tried to create an outlined path from the new selection, when i applied the object>path>outline stroke , then it outlined the 2 original squares ...but I lost the warped effect to the squares...

I will be working on this project for several weeks so i plan on getting to the bottom...

Thanks

Kindly
Matt

http://www.mattabron.com/editor

Return to posts index

Vintendo
Re: Procedure for drawing a path around warped objects??
on Dec 12, 2006 at 5:41:50 pm

Sorry.. If you are using an effect or distortion on a vector you might need to apply Object/Expand, first (before performing more tricks). Expanding is destructive, so try it on a copy first. ..Than go to the Pathfinder tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]