FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making New Groups with Paths

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jbyrd130
Making New Groups with Paths
on Nov 13, 2006 at 4:53:50 pm

Hey all,

I'm running into snags with a project. I was given .ai files of wildlife animal graphics to animate in AE for use in a DVD menu. In Illustrator, I've been trying to regroup the the graphics into "body parts," so they'll be easy to deal with for kinematic animation in AE. Basically, I've been creating new closed paths over the body sections in a new layer with the pen tool, but i'm not sure how to "subtract from below" or whatever to get the part of the graphic I want into a new group. Obviously I'm very new to Illustrator, so any path/group pros who could help me out or at least point me toward an informative tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, this is my first post. I'm a video production undergraduate student, in St. Louis, passionate about motion graphics and the possibilites of "digital cinema," HD capture, digital exhibition in theaters, etc. The ultimate dream is to establish myself in the music video and indie film worlds, with a possible side career in design/exhibition art.

j

Return to posts index

joshman
Re: Making New Groups with Paths
on Nov 14, 2006 at 8:36:21 pm

i'm new to illustrator also but i guess to make new groups for body parts make sure all of yor shapes and paths are closed off and use your sub layers to get exactly what you want. your sublayers have individual paths so its easy to group whatever ones you want in what group. esp for live paint groups. dont know if that helps but if it doesn't you've only wasted about 10 seconds of your life. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]