FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strokes in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Sampson
Strokes in Illustrator
on Nov 9, 2006 at 1:33:31 am

Hello, I am trying to create the logo effect where you have the typical font, then a thick stroke around that and then another stroke around that and lastly a really thick stroke around that. Im getting confused with the Expand palette and I am having NO success. Are there specific steps? Any help is appreciated!!

Example:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/CAL/MOD_h8cphkjujh0c9jjfgepw.gif

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Strokes in Illustrator
on Nov 10, 2006 at 5:51:09 pm

You want to use the appearance palette when you need multiple strokes. You will have an easy time if set the file and stroke to none in the toolbar, then go to the appearance palette add an additional stroke, adn drag your fill in the appearance palette above allthe strokes (so your stroke goes outwards, not half in half out).

You can lastly add a black stroke to the entire layer to get the outermost stroke in your logo. Teh appearance palette is tricky to use for newbsies, but it is important to watch if it says character, group or layer at the top (that is the reson I set all my strokes and fills to non at the beginning so I get no conflict of interest between character level appearance and type level appearance).

The appearance palette is to Illustrator as important as levels are to photoshop.

Return to posts index

eric sampson
Re: Strokes in Illustrator
on Nov 12, 2006 at 11:33:09 pm

For anyone else wondering how to do it this is answers from other forums:

-Try using the Appearance pallet. Use the pallet's flyout menu to add a new fill. Then add a new stroke and drag that selection under the fill in the pallet. Then add a new stroke and make it thicker and drag that under the other stroke.

-I've always used OBJECT/PATH/OFFSET PATH. First, create outline of the logo text. Then select how far out the path duplicates from the previous one. Fill and stroke each time. It layers the original text like a pancake. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]