FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Multicolor Image to Illustrator CS2 with layers, compound paths, etc.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NtGeek
Photoshop Multicolor Image to Illustrator CS2 with layers, compound paths, etc.
on Oct 31, 2006 at 11:33:55 pm

Dear Colleagues,

I am actually working on sometthing that involves Zakwerks 3D Invigorator pro, but the image that I need has to come from Illustrator. I have managed to get some illustrator files (a simple smiley face) which at quick glance appears to have a layer and compound paths. The image, of course, can be edited.

Here is my wish. I have a rather simple logo that was created with photoshop and I wish to be able to somehow get it into illustrator format so that it has the layer and compound paths to make Zakwerks happy. Once that is done, I can do my Zakwerks work since it will be a simple matter of timing, lighting, angles, etc.

Any assistance or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Walter Ellena

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photoshop Multicolor Image to Illustrator CS2 with layers, compound paths, etc.
on Nov 1, 2006 at 12:33:35 am

This is not that easy... you can export paths from PS to AI then reassemble

You can elso import PS layers and use Live Trace in AI

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

NTGeek
Re: Photoshop Multicolor Image to Illustrator CS2 with layers, compound paths, etc.
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:12:42 am

So. . . .what you are saying is that first I have layers in photoshop. Then I have to make paths for each layer in photoshop. Then I have to export each of those layers in illustrator. That seems fairly straightforward. The bit actually about how a layer in photoshop relates to a path is what I could never understand.

Also, assuming that I can get that far, is there an export command for each path or is it a global export paths to illustrator bit?

Thanks for your help, its a joy to be here.

Walt Ellena

Return to posts index

NTGeek
LiveTrace from Photoshop layers
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:20:53 am

Hello again,

I see that I can also export the layers from photoshop, but again, is that a function of the layers menu. Also, this live trace in AI, is it a "cow" (no pun intended) or are there some pointers you could point me towards, tutorials, etc?

Regards,

Walt Ellena

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: LiveTrace from Photoshop layers
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:52:20 am

Not that I am aware of... but under automate or scripts (memoery here) you ahve export layers to files....

Those can then be brought into AI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]