FORUMS: list search recent posts

convert ai files + batch processing

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
picxie
convert ai files + batch processing
on Oct 18, 2006 at 1:20:56 am

Hi there,

I'm hoping you can help me with a batch coversion. I have a sequence of illustrator files that i'm trying to apply an action to in photoshop, and pump them out to import back into after effects as a sequence...

I've tried to do it a heap of different ways but cant quite get it. I've tested the action which works fine, its the opening and saving part that are causing the problem.

I've tried it through:

1) bridge or batch processing - the trouble is with the open command - the file opens but comes up with the
import pdf dialog box asking for dpi, image size etc, which just stops the processing. I've tried adding an open command to the action but that just made that same file open over and over instead of the specified ones.

2) I also tried it through the script image processor - but this seems to have issues with .ai files - It works fines with other files types but not the illustrator files.

Any tips/ ideas would be great - perhaps are there any programs that i can convert the ai files to another file type before puting them through the batch process?

Thanks for your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]