FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vector Graphic creation

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie King
Vector Graphic creation
on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:41:44 pm

I am attempting to take a logo and create a vector graphic in Illustrator to be used in Zaxwerks Pro-animator. The help file in Illustrator tells what a vector graphic does, or is, but not how to create it. I have searched the Cow archives for an answer but haven't found anything. How do I convert, then save as a vector graphic with Illustrator CS2.

Thank you
Charlie

Return to posts index

MarkCarrara
Re: Vector Graphic creation
on Oct 13, 2006 at 4:46:04 pm

Maybe I missed something in the question, but by defination ALL Illustrator images are vector graphics. That's what Illustrator is, a vector graphics program.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Oct 13, 2006 at 7:02:52 pm

Maybe I asked the wrong question and in the wrong forum. I'll ask in the Zaxwerks forum why my Pro-Animator doesn't recognize my Illustrator file as a valid vector graphic.

Thank you for responding.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Edward J Destructo
on Oct 14, 2006 at 1:51:27 am

If your are using the latest version of Zaxwerks you will need to make sure the illustrator file was saved with the 'compression' option set to off inside of illustrator when you save it.

Cheers

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Oct 16, 2006 at 9:09:39 am

I think it needs to be an AI aswell, not EPS. Also, you can't just pull a pixel-based file (JPEG, etc) into Illustrator and then save it out again as a Vector file..A vector file needs to be created as mathmatical data, rather than pixel data. You can do this by tracing an image and re-building it with vector shapes/pen tool in Photoshop then importing into Illust, or by similar (and more simple) process in Illustrator.

*AE 5.5 Pro - *PS CS1 - *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / BMD DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Oct 16, 2006 at 5:27:52 pm

Thank you guys very much for your responses. I found in a post from Jon concerning a totally different question where he mentioned turning off compression I did that and everything is working great.
God I love the COW. We have a very good family here.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]