FORUMS: list search recent posts

Curved Labels in Illustrator CS

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Cory
Curved Labels in Illustrator CS
on Sep 15, 2006 at 4:12:28 pm

Hello All, I have run into a problem at work and I hope that someone has a solution.
I have to create a curved container label for a tapered container. The label die manufacturer has supplied me with a die line in .ai format for the containers. My task is to take the straight label designs and curve them to match the die line. I have used Effects like Arc and Arch to attempt this but the effects distort the artwork.

The labels are for a food manufacturer so they contain nutritional information that would be extremely difficult to layout on a curved text path.

Does anyone know of any plugins / extensions / 3rd party software that could help with this situation? Or is there a way to have the Arc / Arch Effects not distort the artwork so much?

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Russ

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Curved Labels in Illustrator CS
on Sep 18, 2006 at 7:14:25 pm

Unfortunately the envelope distort will distort your artwork.

Curved text paths is what I always use for packaging design nutrition facts/ingredients.

Atleast machines are faster nowadays, I used to have to do this on a Mac IIci when that was the fastest machine, and for the entire Kraft salad dressing line. Atleast I got paid some OT.

You can link text though so it will automatically reflow, Which is great as you can use that once created as a tempalte and just past over the text.

Return to posts index

Russell Cory
Re: Curved Labels in Illustrator CS
on Sep 18, 2006 at 7:38:13 pm

Thanks, I was hoping that it would not come to curved text paths since I don't get OT and they expect me to have this done in 2 days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]