FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create Custom Guides (round)

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ponyack
Create Custom Guides (round)
on Sep 5, 2006 at 6:16:44 pm

Hi

Anyone know how to create custom guides? I want to create some round guides for a CD template

Any ideas?

I saw that inside of the View drop down there is a listing for New Guide...but beyond that I am lost

Thanks

Ponyack

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
Re: Create Custom Guides (round)
on Sep 6, 2006 at 9:33:14 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't have curved guides, but the best way to make a template up for DVDs/CDs is scan one in at 100% and crop it off into a square and then use vector circles to cut out the middle and edge and title safe edge, invert the outer edge ones and adjust opacity so you can see them all, save and hey presto - a disc template! Using vector shape means you can size it up to 600dpi + if you're using a hi-res inkjet printer or similar.

Of course, if you can't be arsed with all that you can download templates pretty easily if you google them.

Have fun.

Return to posts index

ponyack
Allied Vaughn template had them
on Sep 7, 2006 at 2:06:14 am

The reason I ask is because I saw a template from Allied Vaughn and it had circular guides.

But I am begging to think that they were vectors.

I did not explore the template too much as I was in disbelief that there were circular guides

It would be a nice option.

And I agree, who wants to arsed, when I can download the template or just use one from illustrator

later

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]