FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combing two colors for new third color

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mosaic
Combing two colors for new third color
on Aug 3, 2006 at 5:54:06 pm

I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I can't seem to get to it. I want to overlap two circles, one yellow and one blue with the overlapped intersection becoming green. Like a color wheel. Either Illustrator or Photoshop CS2, Windows platform. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: Combing two colors for new third color
on Aug 3, 2006 at 6:19:45 pm

In Photoshop, set the top layer's blending mode to Multiply in the Layers palette.

In Illustrator, select the top object, bring up the Transparency palette (Window > Transparency) and set the mode to Multiply.

Return to posts index

medwards64
on Aug 3, 2006 at 8:35:04 pm

In Photoshop, I've found that setting the layer to Multiply might not always result in the color expected (ie: yellow circle under blue gives you a black center). To make the center green, I put the yellow circle on the bottom layer with the blue circle on the top layer, overlapping the yellow. I set the blue circle layer to color burn. Now that turns the center green, but makes the rest of the blue circle disappear. To get around this, duplicate your blue circle layer (make it just a normal layer) and set it on top of where the blue circle was. While on the yellow circle layer, use the magic wand tool to make a selection around the yellow circle. Change layers to the top blue circle and erase away the blue that is selected to reveal green.

Return to posts index

Mosaic
on Aug 5, 2006 at 2:26:06 am

Thanks for the advice! Every idea helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]